Friday 27 June 2008

Wednesday 6/18/08

Today I was really rushed for lunch because of one of my photo assignments. I made a quick bologna and cheese sandwich for while I was out photographing. I also picked up some cherries from one of the vendors in Piazza Erbe. Those were the best cherries I have had on the trip. They were just right. Nice and dark on the inside.

For dinner Mike and I cooked a meal. I cooked some ham tortellini that I got from Pam. I added a pesto and tomato sauce mix to the top. Mike cooked some pork chops. We didn’t have any spices except salt and pepper for the meat. However it was good though. It made me realize how much salt and pepper can do for taste while cooking. The pork chops were very tasty. We also had the traditional bread, olive oil, and cheese.

Later on that night I had a Tiger energy drink. I found it in Pam next to the Redbull’s. It just seemed like a knockoff version that was much cheaper. After trying it though It was really good. This was one of the first soda’s I had on the trip though. I kind of felt “dirty” after having it like I did after eating Mcdonald’s in Rome. I guess I just don’t miss American food and our fast and unhealthy way of eating very much.

No comments: