Wednesday 25 June 2008

Tuesday 6/3/08 Cooking Class #1

For lunch today all I had was some peaches. I wanted to save my apetit because later on was to be our first authentic Italian cooking class. I should of eaten more before I wen to the class because little did I know that it would take 3 hours to cook all the food. However at the end it was worth it. It was probobly one of the better meals I have ever had, and it was even better because we were the ones that prepared it. The first coarse of the meal was a stuffed tomato. It was filled with alot of different vegetables, I cant even remember them all. I know it had egg plant in it at least. The tomato was also served with fresh pesto, which was awesome. Im not too much of a fan of tomato's however I did enjoy the combination of the tomato and the pesto together. The second coarse was pasta. Let me tell you this was the best pasta I have EVER had. We made the pasta ourselves. It was the freshest pasta I have ever had. On top of it, there was a combination of turkey, rabbit, and chicken meat that was cooked in a white wine sauce with minced carrots and onions. This was by far my favorite coarse of the night. I had two helpings of the pasta, I couldn't resist. The next coarse was veal. This was delicious too. The meat was covered with a mushroom sauce. Normally I wouldnt eat mushrooms or mushroom sauces however I really enjoyed the veal. I had a second helping of this too. I picked around most of the mushrooms but the sauce didn't bother me. Lastly, for desert, we had a vanilla pannicotta. I cant even describe how good this was. On top of the desert was a strawberry sauce, with fresh berries. At the end of the night, when we were washing dishes I poured the left over strawberry sauce into a cup and had myself a nice drink. By this time I was so full that I felt like I was going to explode. I was very content though, it was some of the best food I have ever eaten in my life.

No comments: