Thursday 26 June 2008

Saturday 6/7/08 Bolzano

This morning Nate and I got up around 7am and took a train to Bolzano. It was the most beautfil train ride I have taken yet. Bolzano is a city located an hour and a half north by train from Verona. It is in the southern part of the beggining of the alps. If I ever figure out how to post pictures on this blog I will have to come back and post a picture of Bolzano because it is such a beautiful place. For lunch today I packed myself some ham and cheese sandwhiches. I ate these while nate got two awesome looking pieces of pizza.

I was still a little hungry even after eating my sandwhiches until I saw Otzi. Otzi is the oldest preserved human being on earth. His body was found frozen in the alps. He lived in about 3000 BC. You can imagine what a person would look like after being frozen for 50 centuries After seeing the body in frozen in a room I was no longer hungry. What we really crazy about the exhibit was that his last meal was preserved in his stomach. I cant remember now what the last thing he ate was. Probobly nothing as good as what I had at the cooking class the other night though.

On the way back from the train station Nate and I got Kebabs. We tried a new place this time. What was unique about this place was that it was the first kebab that we had gotten in a wrap. The wrap made it much easier to eat. What an ingenious idea.

No comments: