Wednesday 25 June 2008

Saturday 5/31/08 and Sunday 6/1/08

Saturday 5/31/08

Today my friends and I decided to go to Bologna. We got up really early in the morning, around 6. I needed a cup of coffee to get myself going. I decided to be lame and use the instant coffee that we have in our apartment instead of making my own cup. It was good though, I added a little cocoa powder to the instant coffee and it was delicious. It was just what I needed to get me going. While we were in Bologna, I ate an early lunch that I had packed from home. The day before I had made some salami and swiss cheese sandwiches. They were good however they didn’t hold my appetite so a little while later Gina and I split a large bag of fresh cherries. They were so good. Cherries are one of my favorite fruits and these tasted so much better than the ones I get at Shaw’s back home. After that we decided that we wanted something to drink so we found a nice outside restuarante and order an aperol spritz. It was the most expansive drink I have gotten since I have been here. It was 8 euros however what we didn’t know is that included with the drink was a decent amount of food. They brought out for us some grilled ham and cheese sandwhiches cut up into little pieces, some peanuts, some olives, and some kind of mix of chips and pretzels. The food was really good, except for the olives, I tried them however I’m not too much of a fan of just eating an olive.

Dinner was nothing special. I was pretty full on the train ride home so when I got back to Verona I cooked up a little pasta with some ricotta cheese pasta sauce. The ricotta cheese sauce is delicious. By far it is the best sauce that I have bought at Pam.

Sunday 6/1/08

Sunday was a day for relaxing. My legs were exhausted from walking around Bologna the day before. I really had no energy to do any cooking. Lunch consisted of some salami and cheese in a sandwich. For dinner I got a Kebab. You cant go wrong with one of those. They are delicious, filling and inexpensive.

No comments: