Thursday 26 June 2008

Monday 6/9/08

Today we had our second cooking class. I made sure to eat more this time before than I did last time. Its so fun to be preparing a lot of food and be hungry at he same time. Looking at food makes you so much hungrier. To hold me over I had a nutella sandwhich or two.

The first course of our class today was pollenta. This was the first thing that I have tried this trip that I really didnt like at all. The taste wasn't so bad however the texture was really strange. I didn't like the way it felt. The second course was a risotto. There was cheese and butter and vegetables in it. This I liked alot better than the first one. The main course of the night was pork. The pork was stuffed with a lemon and vegetables pork puree. On top of the pork we had the best reduction sauce I have ever had. This course was so good I got myself another helping. Dessert was a delicious lemon pie. While cleaning up, Gina and I managed to get a serving of each coarse except for the pollenta. I also got to take home the rest of the reduction sauce. I was really excited about this.

We decided to walk home from the cooking class. It wasn't a bad walk at all. On the way home we decided to get some gelato. I got Baccio and nutella. It was an awesome mix of chocolate and hazelnut.

No comments: