Sunday 8 June 2008

Tuesday 5/27/08 Venice

Today our whole group got up early in the morning to take a train to Venice. There was no breakfast for me today only sleep on the train. When we arrived in the beautiful city of Venice we were starving, however we had a tour of the city and waited until that was done to eat. We were all so hungry that we decided that something quick would be the best bet. So we got sandwhichs from one of the many shops in the tiny alleyways of the city. My sandwhich had some swiss cheese, and a type of meat that I don’t think I have ever eaten before. It was kind of like a pastrami except it was sliced thinner. It was held together by some sandwhich bread that had some tomatoes baked into it. It was delicious.

Lunch was good however with all the walking we were doing in Venice the energy didn’t last long. Soon we were hungry again, and craving some Gelato. Just like restaurantes there is a thousand Gelato places in Venice. We found the closest one and got our Ice Cream. I chose Bacio and some flavor that I can remember that name of. Both have a hazelnut flavor to them and together they were better than any ice cream I have eaten back home.

When the trip was coming to an end, my friends and I, decded to try some beers that we had never seen before. We had a beer called “Stuck”, one called “Forst”, and a classic Heiniken. Dinner was to wait until we got back to Verona.

We had spend so much money in Venice, that by the time we got back, all we wanted was something inexpensive to eat. We stopped at Pam, the local supermarket, and picked up some pasta, sauce and hamburger. Again dinner consisted of pasta and tomatoes sauce, however to change it up this time we added some onions, garlic, tomatoes, and hamburger to the tomatoes sauce. There was also some bread to go along with the meal. To drink I tried a beer called “Barley Gold” so far it has been my favorite tasting beer that I have had while over here.

No comments: