Thursday 26 June 2008

Thursday 6/12/08 Rome / My Birthday

In the morning we got up and had a complimentary hotel breakfast. I had a crossant, a kiwi, some fruit and coffee. I took a couple kiwi's with me because I knew that I would want them on the train ride later.

For lunch I had two nutella sandwhich's that I had packed in my backpack the morning we left Verona. They were good however the moisture in the nutella soaked into the bread or was lost or something. The sandwhich was rather dry so I had to go out and buy a water. Its weird over here they sell rather large bottles of water. They seem bigger than even the large bottles that we have at home. They appear to be like half a gallon. Im not sure if they really are however they appear that way.

That water lasted me all day on the train ride to Rome. I enjoyed my Kiwi which helded me over nice on the 4 hour ride. When we arrived in Rome it was around dinner time. Gina took me out for a dinner since it was by birthday. I got the best pasta alla carbonera that I have ever had. Its funny I have always like pasta carbonera however it wasn'y until today that I found out the it was an egg sauce or something like that on top of the pasta with the ham. I guess I should pay more attention to things. For destert we had some Tiramisu. I thought it was good, however Gina said that it wasn't really Tiramisu it was too much like a cake. I enjoyed it though.

I must say that spending my birthday in Rome was so awesome. I feel so lucky to have been able to be in such a cool place when I turned 20.

No comments: