Sunday 8 June 2008

Monday 5/26/08

The First Post:

I am starting this blog a couple days into my trip to Italy. This blog will attempt to document the food that I eat and see during my stay.

After class I was really hungry. I figured that since it was around siesta time that a lot of places to eat would be closed. So my roommate and I went and got Kebobs. There are a thousand places in the city of Verona where you can get Kebabs and they are kind of like the Italians version of fast food so they are always open. The place my roommate and I went to was over the river and about 3 bridges down from San Fermo. Im not too sure of the name of the Place, It just says “Doner Kebab” on the outside. There Kebabs there are really good, however I must admit that I haven’t tried a Kebab anywhere else yet so I don’t really have anything to compare it too.

The best thing about Kebabs is the fact that they are fast. It takes about 3 minutes or so to make a Kebab. First the Lamb meat is shaven off of the leg and then it is heated up. After that it is put in a bun and some potatoes, onions, peppers, lettuce, sprouts, hot sauce, yogurt sauce, ketchup, and mayonase is added. To top it all off I got a Becks beer to wash it down with.

For dinner my friends and I all decided to save some money and cook together. Naturally we ate one of the cheapest things you can buy here in italy; Pasta. Tomatoes sauce was our choice to accompany the pasta, however to give the sauce a little more flavor we added some fresh tomatoes, garlic and some spices. We had bread, parmesian cheese, and some salad, which we made our own salad dressing for from balsamic vinager and olive oil, to go along with the pasta. It was a very tasty and filling meal.

No comments: